Just like you, we begin with a heavy dose of skepticism. The first question we ask ourselves is: is this ingredient safe to use?
1. Before any ingredient goes into our shampoos and conditioners, we gather all the relevant safety and toxicity information about the ingredient.
2. If we have any doubts about an ingredient’s potential to cause you harm, then we will not use it.
1. After we look at the safety data on the ingredient, the next big question we ask is: "What is the safe range for the ingredient? "The Safe Range defines how much of this ingredient is safe for you to use throughout your life.
2. We work to determine a Safe Range for every ingredient based on a similar process that many regulatory agencies and scientific groups use to ensure safety; this includes groups like the European Union Commission, the World Heath Organization and the National Academy of Sciences.
1. While an ingredient might be safe by itself, we also evaluate the safety of our products when we have a combination of ingredients. This evaluation is necessary to confirm their use is not going to cause any unexpected skin or eye irritation.
2. If we can't guarantee a product formula is safe, it will never get past our doors. We will either reformulate it or we won’t launch the product.
3. It takes a village to ensure your hair's health, and that's why we have more than 500 scientists and professionals who go above and beyond to make sure our products meet all safety and regulatory requirement in the world.
Once our new Pantene shampoo or conditioner is out in the market, we continually monitor your comments about our products. You deserve the best – and that means we can never take our eyes off your safety. It’s our commitment to you!
We will never stop innovating in order to hold our ingredients and products to the highest possible standard. Here is the latest information on our ingredients and our industry's safety standards: